- Prof. Tony Stevenson grew up in the small Australian city of Toowoomba, the son of shop assistants.
- He worked as a radio and television broadcaster for the Australian Broadcast Corp. (ABC)
- He got married (he has 2 children, 4 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren)
- In 1960, he moved to Canada to work for two technical trade magazines -- and Canadian Nuclear Technology
- In 1978, he earned his MA in Communication Management in University of Hawaii
- In 1985, He was asked to coordinate a new master's program in communication at Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane. His work at the Communication Centre from 1990 until 1998 addressed both the nature of communication in the future and the way communication gives us meaning about the future.
- Stevenson became more active in the World Futures Studies Federation. The WFSF had an introductory futures seminar annually in Europe since 1975, and Stevenson started one in the Asia-Pacific region in 1992.
- For WFSF, he has conceived and directed international courses in futures studies and was secretary-general from 1993 to 1997. He became its President from 1997 until 2001.
Post a Comment